Yesterday had some pretty hilarious ups and downs. Not sleeping til 4 am, finding a Greek gluten free calzone at the store and breaking my no-processed food general rule, discovering it was full of black olives (yuck), telling a customer service employee she needed to check her attitude (she was super rude), making an amazing dinner salad, feeling sick and having to postpone Valentine’s Day plans, watching the Bachelor, seeing a gorgeous sunset from a shopping center parking lot.
What is it about sunsets and sunrises?! Why are they so mesmerizing? I’m used to being spoiled by sunsets on the Pacific Ocean, because our old place was a few minutes from the beach, but this blood orange sky and these wispy clouds were no less beautiful surrounded by concrete and headlights.
I didn’t get up in time to see the sunrise today, but my husband DID make me an amazing breakfast of veggies, eggs, and heart-shaped watermelon. What a darling. (:
What are you getting for your Valentine today? Chocolate? Flowers? Did you forget a card? If you’re feeling like doing something crafty, here’s a super easy and QUICK way to make your own marbled stationary for all your Valentine’s Day cards, and any other card-writing need in the future. This would be a GREAT activity to do with your kiddos, as well.
You Will Need:
-Heavy paper (cardstock or watercolor paper)
-Foaming shaving cream
-A large container or baking sheet (bigger than the piece of paper)
- Fill the container or baking sheet with shaving cream (about 3/4 inch) and spread it with a knife so it’s even and smooth.
- Valentine’s Version: Drop six drops of pink or red food coloring into the shaving cream. Use the toothpick to drag the color around and form hearts. Everyday Version: Use any color combination you want, and swirl the color around to make a marbled effect.
- Now, press your paper into the colored shaving cream for a few seconds, then pull it out and scrape off the excess shaving cream with a ruler (or something similar).
- Wipe off any moisture on the paper with paper towel.
- Let it dry, then fill the paper with your love notes, lettering, or any other design you’d like!With the same shaving cream pan, you can make 10-15 or more pieces of stationary. And, if you want to keep going, just add more shaving cream and a little more color.It’s a little messy, so be careful (:You can even get creative toward the end, and mix the colors so they’re mostly solid, with a few splashes of marble left. See the heart there? (:
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s day. I hope you feel loved and appreciated today, and every single day after that. I hope you remember that self-love is just as important (or more important) than having a Valentine, and even if you don’t have one, you’re still incredibly loved and worthy. Take one of these beautiful stationaries and write out five affirmations to yourself on this Valentine’s day. <3
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a very small compensation, which allows me to keep the blog running for you for free (: